13 March 2015

Voyageuse Africaine : The Boutique!

Yall! I got some exciting news. Voyageuse Africaine : The Boutique is FINALLY open, by the grace of God! Like honestly, long time coming but we finally here. Remember when I first discovered that I actually really liked sewing and making stuff? 
Click this post to refresh your memory {#throwback to blog posts that were a mess}. And now all my dreamzz are coming true. (hey now, hey nooooooow, this iz what dreamzz are made of, hey hey! *Lizzie McGuire booty-shake thing*)

Laptop Sleeve in the Naa Lamile Print :3
iPad sleeve in the Lamisi Print
A Bible sleeve in the Lamisi Print!
BUT YO God is so so so faithful! I remember when I made a promise that if He provided me  with a sewing machine (which I've never owned, much less know how to operate) I would give the first fruits of this little business to His Kingdom.  

NOW LOOK AT US. I'll be making my first Kenya deliveries next week so that's really exciting #dollardollarbillsyall, but not really. but kinda.

simple multi-purpose clutch in the Naa Lamile Print
I have international shipping set up already, but now I'm just tryna set up PayPal and those international payment shenanigans. BUT YESSSS. God has been so good! Super excited to HOPEFULLY start shipping internationally.

a simple multi-purpose clutch in the Yaa Print
So basically what I'll be doing is making technology (so iPad and laptop) sleeves (OH AND BIBLE SLEEVES) as well as little purses out of Ghanaian wax fabric #reppinGhanarealquick. All the fabrics have Ghanaian names because why not? I think it adds an extra dash of spice and personality to the fabrics y'know what I'm sayin'?

You can click here to check out the store, Voyageuse Africaine, and browse through some of the things I've made so far. Oh, about the last photo, I went to the bead market in Ghana over the summer, and these are some of the shweet beads we picked up. I actually made these for my mom's birthday (which is today, happy burfday mama jammaaa!) and I thought MHM maybe I could add these to the shop as well *kanye shrug*

YAAAY. So that's kind of that. Still a bit of radio silence because of laptop issues but yea. Shweet shweet shweet. YALL. Pray for me! I want to glorify God with this business so bad. 

You May Have Missed:
The Kente & Khanga Network
An Open Letter to my John-John
On Grace


Who should not revere you O King of all nations? This is your due. Among all the wise men in all the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like You. Jeremiah 10:7

Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook

11 comments

  1. You should be so proud of yourself, lady! This is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is an impressive endeavour, so excited for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosevine Cottege14 March 2015 at 07:17

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooveee the colour on your blog, its so exquisite and it really attracts me towards your blog. Mind checking out my blog, cinderellarightscampaign.blogspot.com, I don't do fashion like you do, but I do social issues in Kenya and deal with activism, check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank so much Ms. Rachel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS RACHEL! guurl you should order something for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy! Thank you so much for your kind words! Checked out your blog, its really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait what. Oh naw. When did this happen? So your boutique is a thing now and I haven't been promoting it like crazy? I'M NOT LOYALLL!!! *overwhelmed emojis* I hope you can forgive me, I thought I was up to date on your posts, but apparently not...smh. So I can like go buy stuff? *runs to the boutique*

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO ah no! I need to come back and pin everything first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. STILL CRYING. STILL CACKLING LIKE A HYENA AT "I'M NOT LOYALLL!!!!". WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HOLLY?!?!? Like since when was it okay to make me LOVE YOU THIS MUCH??? LIKE?/1/1/1 much confusion. I NEED TO EMAIL YOU REAL QUICK ABOUT YOUR ORDER.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall